While my blog delves into my personal life a little more than the average horse blog (I'm an over-sharer), here are some random (non-horse-related) facts you might not have known about me!
|Enjoy some freshly-raked arena zen before you get started!|
2. I didn’t find out I was allergic to sulfa antibiotics until I was in my mid-20s. The first time I had them was for the scarlet fever, but the reaction was chalked up as a symptom. The second time I had them, I ended up in the hospital for an unrelated reason (swine flu, complete with botched spinal tap because they were afraid I had spinal meningitis), and the doctors finally recognized my body’s allergic reaction to the drugs.
3. My husband asked me to marry him after less than four months of dating. I got tired of being asked when the baby was due so we had a 13-month engagement, haha (because clearly there was no baby). A lot of people had negative things to say about that, but nine years later we're still going strong and I can't imagine my life without him.
5. I have no student loan debt (never had any incidentally).
6. As a kid I was at the USS Arizona Memorial looking at the sunken ship and my glasses fell off into the water. Oops?
8. I’ve been in two weddings -- once as a maid of honor, once as a bridesmaid. Both weddings ended in divorce in less than five years. The moral of the story is, don't ask me to be in your wedding!
|Got some nice pro pics with DH out of it though?|
11. All of my animals have real names and then like 10-15 mutating nicknames. I can't help myself. My favorite teeny dog CiCi started her life with us as Sienna, but also gets called Specklefoot, Squirrel, Twirly Squirrel, Red Princess, Bitchface Weiner, Teens Ween, Banana Nut Muffin, Little Red Bitch, and lots I can't even remember. Some of them I can explain, but some of them I cant, lol.
|The Haute Dog herself.|
|Couldn't even begin to list all the nicknames.|
13. I don't like beer. I love a lot of alcohol, but cannot tolerate beer.
|Hard lemonade, check.|
|Back in the day....|
16. Although I don’t think it’s worth going to a doctor to be officially diagnosed, I have many of the symptoms of Selective Eating Disorder. I am an incredibly picky eater, which is mortifying as an adult. It's actually easier to list the things I will eat as opposed to the things I won't. My coworker coined the nickname "vegetable disorder" (because I don't eat veggies) so now that's what I call it.
|Gotta break the text wall with a photo, haha.|
18. I can kill a chicken with a rake handle, which is a skill I acquired when we raised and butchered our own chickens. #farmtotable
19. I was the valedictorian of my high school class, graduated summa cum laude from college, and was also a member of four honorary societies.
|HS grad with my bestie|
|College graduation with my mom! See all the cords? Sooooo many colors haha.|
21. I hate horror movies and won't watch them. I was offered a really great opportunity in college to collaborate with a professor I really respected on a project but it involved watching horror films so I turned it down.
22. I read incredibly fast and have a super good retention rate.
24. When I was younger I played HorseLand -- I had one of the coveted 6-digit accounts, ran a breeding program of Straight Egyptian Arabians, had some pretty high point horses, and regularly sold million+ dollar breedings. Ahhhh if only the money were real haha.
25. I hate MLM scam companies. With a burning fiery passion. I feel sorry for anyone who shills for one and it will almost inevitably lead to removal from my social media accounts.
29. In 5th grade, I played a year of basketball. My team ended up winning the conference championships... and I was the only player on the team who didn't score a single basket. Not for lack of trying, either. Hahahaha. My hand-eye coordination is.... not great?
30. I got my first job when I turned 16, and it ended up seeing me through high school, funded my horse habit through college, and then I finally gave it up when I got my first "real job" two months after graduation. What was it you ask? I waited tables at a Waffle House. The politically correct term is "salesperson". Don't laugh, it's where I met DH! But that is a story for another day ;)
|The peanut gallery is glad that's over so we can go back to horse posts now!|