|Teeny hand for scale (no seriously, I have tiny hands)|
|Teeny dog, also for scale.|
|Box of 4 lights.|
|We wired one to an old extension cord for test purposes, to make sure it would be bright enough before we wire up all 4 lights.|
Obviously the lights were bright, but I needed to test them outside! I impatiently waited for dark, and then we took one light outside to test it.
|This is obviously taken with my cell phone, so not great quality, but it lit up most of the arena.|
|You can see the far arena fence -- it was *almost* bright enough to ride in with just 1 light. And I got 4!|
Our tests were wildly successful, and I totally think the lights will be perfect for my purposes. It will definitely be bright enough with 4 for basic flatwork, and hopefully the LEDs will be both cheap to run, and long-lasting. The next hurdle will be to get some poles (the lights were a bit heavier than DH expected I think, haha) and wiring, and then get everything set up! I have some relatives flying in from out of town this weekend, so we probably won't get to the lights for a little bit, but we're definitely making progress. I can't wait to test them out for real later this summer!